Monday, February 06, 2012

A Little Stash

I hit up Amy at Down Sunshine Lane's Super Bowl Sale Saturday night at 9:05 pm (started at 9:00 pm).  This afternoon (Monday), my order showed up.  How is THAT for service?  I always receive this type of service from Amy - I highly recommend her and DSL.

My purchases were: 

"Our Love Nest" - Country Cottage Needleworks.  I may stitch this for DS and "future" DIL.
"Vintage Christamas" - Country Cottage Needleworks. I just love this one
"Chincoteague" - Carriage House Samplings.  What can I say, I live in SE Virginia, by the Chesapeake Bay.  Chincoteague and Assateague Islands are part of local lore, and the annual pony swim is still held each year.
"The Flood" - Plum Street Samplers. Reminds me of the church camp song "Arky, Arky".  The back sheet lists Genesis 6:5-8.  Such a lovely design from Paulette.

On the stitching front, I *have* been stitching.  Tomorrow is the day for a  WIPocalypse update.....so you will see my current progress then :)

DH and I took today off from work, and tomorrow is my regular day off, so we are enjoying a nice long 4 day weekend!  We had the kids over last night for the Super Bowl and of course yummy food!  DS and his girlfriend now have a roommate.  That will help with their house expenses and the roommate cooks and cleans, and he is a gamer like DS.  He is a few years older than DS, and seems very level headed.  I think "J" will be a good fit with them.


1 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I haven't seen the latest CCH or LHN designs, but you're tempting me!!

Glad you had a nice weekend!