Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Dolphin day at the beach

Yesterday was dolphin day! DH and I worked on some house projects in the morning, and in the afternoon we snuck down to the beach with the dog. There was a wonderful breeze, just a perfect day (and a nice way to end his vacation). While there, a school of dophins came by. It was so cool seeing them. One guy on a jet ski out in the bay was going really slow beside them. I bet that experience was AMAZING.

I would have loved to have been on the back of the jet ski!!


Another shot.


Sadly the trip had to end about 3:30. DH managed to fly one of the kites for a little. The dog had ran herself half to death by then and she just sat and barked at it. It was hot unless you were under the shade of the umbrella, even with the breeze.
We had a business meeting at church last night. It was crazy. Last year we partnered with another church in our Association and have been meeting quarterly with them. Their style of worship is different from our traditional service....some of us really enjoy their style and love being together in the sanctuary together. Some (older crowd) are not enjoying it as much. The sister church approached us about making this a monthly event - so that's what we were voting on. Well, you would have thought they asked to merge churches, change the name and move. There were words said last night that I have NEVER heard in a church meeting before....and yes, even race was brought into it. I just couldn't believe it.
In the end, we voted to have a joint service once a month for 5 months and evaluate after that if we continue or not. It's not what I want, it's not personal preference for someone else either....our main goal is to win souls for Christ - whether they be white, black, hispanic, gay, straight, rich, poor....it doesn't matter.
Now, it's 2:00 a.m. and I can't sleep! So many thoughts running thru my head. I think I just needed to get them written down.

0 comments: