Sunday, October 18, 2009

I feel like I'm in the land of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. We haven't seen the sun since Wednesday this past week, and it's been raining, cold and windy. Today going to church, we had to drive thru the water over the road, the tide was up that hight. Can you say nor'easter....yes, not one, but apparently two have come up the eastern seaboard. Hopefully by tomorrow we will see that big ball of sunshine. When I got up this morning, I turned the heat on, it was so cold in the house.

I can't complain too much though. I only have to work Monday and Tuesday this week, and them I'm off. Since my vacation for the holidays has gotten royally screwed up, I decided I would take a few days off now. So, I'm really looking forward to it. DH has taken off Wed and Thursday....he has to work Friday, which will give me a day to get stuff done around the house. DS and his GF leave Friday for the Outer Banks. She has never been, so he's taking her for her birthday. So, DH and I will have the weekend to ourselves.

I'm plodding along on my stitching. I decided last night I REALLY need to get my eyes checked. Even with my reading glasses it's getting difficult to see the stitches. That is NOT good. ~sigh~ It sucks getting old! LOL My eyesight has never been the best - I think I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade. So, I need to remember to make an appointment this week with the optometrist.

I'm off to chime choir at 5:00, and have a few loads of laundry to do first. DH is watching the Deadskins....excuse me, the REDSKINS.......WOW, there are lots of empty seats in DC today! If they lose, I bet Mr. Zorn says goodbye to DC this week.

S

2 comments:

Bee Jay said...

Hope your weather improves a little for you soon however I guess it is your autumn now so maybe you'll have to look forward to next Spring. Eyes - how much we rely on them. I've found it more difficult to stitch on the finer fabrics and have even resorted to using magnifying devices as well as my glasses!
Blessings!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I can't wear glasses to stitch - I don't need them to read a chart, but do need some kind of light and/or magnification for my stitching, so I use one of those clip-on magnifying lights. You can get them at office supply stores for about $25; they can clip on to a side table, or if you don't have one, I just support it between my legs.