Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day two of a new way of eating...I refuse to use the "D" word. LOL Yesterday and today, I've managed to eat within my points range (following Weight Watchers) and spent 30 minutes yesterday on the treadmill, and over 35 minutes today. DH is on the treadmill now.

DH has been having some health issues lately, and while they started out what we thought were serious issues, come to find out it's stress related. He's been to a pulmonologist, cardiologist and his regular physician, and had numerous tests run. In the interim, he has given up all caffeinated beverages (his drink of choice was diet coke), changed his eating habits and has lost 26 lbs so far. He was given the all clear today by the cardiologist and given the go ahead to work out, so I'm glad to see he is doing so. I stepped on the scales this morning, and while I don't know exactly what my highest weight was, I know what it was the last time I weighed...and I am down 7 lbs from that weight, so that's what I'm going to start at.

I also managed last night to get in a bit more stitching, probably 15-20 minutes or so, not much....but my goal is to at least put in a few stitches each night. It's 6:12 now and we haven't had dinner, which will be salad and grilled chicken (already done, just need to cut it up), so hopefully I can get a few stitches in before heading to bed - I'm an early to bed, early to rise gal! LOL

S

3 comments:

Carol said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging. Your Shores is beautiful. Keep up the great progress!

Sara said...

Glad to see you back too! Good for you on the WW, I've been doing it since June and it really helps. Be glad to email/pm with you for support if you need!

Bee Jay said...

What a great achievement on the weight loss. Keep it up both of you. Good to see you back too!
Blessings!