Sunday, September 13, 2009


Hello......is anyone here??? I'm dusting off the cobwebs, and pulling the dustcovers off the furniture.....yes, I know I haven't blogged in a month and a half, and the last time was truly pitiful. It's been a wild and busy summer (I'll do an update on everyone one day this week).

As for this weekend, I have been stitching!! Yes, I know, it's hard to believe that too.....but it's TRUE. Here's proof. See my last picture of Shores over on the right hand side (current progress), well, here's a new current progress pic (please excuse the wrinkles, I'm putting the q-snaps right back on).


and a close up of the block I've been working on:


I've been reading Kathy's blog (of Carriage House Samplings) and she has been showing blocks of the new Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. Well, that is a MUST HAVE for me. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year - I just love it and love to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas (my Savior's birth). This will definitely be an addition to my stash at some point when it's released. I HAVE to finish Shores before starting it though....so I'm hoping the thought of Christmas will spur me on!!!! I know Susan is working on her SOHRH too, so hopefully we can bring both of our projects to an end this year.
Isn't the little guy up top (praying mantis) just adoreable? He was hanging out on the deck railing Friday, and I had to snap his picture.
Suz

2 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I love the praying mantis - they've always been one of my favorite insects!

You're making great progress on Shores. You're working on my absolutely favorite block in this piece.

I've already pre-ordered the Christmas one, despite all promises to myself that I wouldn't start until I finish Shores. LOL. I couldn't help myself!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your shores is looking FANTASTIC!
And I've too been watching Kathy's blog...I'm loving what I'm seeing...