Sunday, November 02, 2008

With regard to DH's prediction about gas prices being under $2.00 on Election day......

Yep! He was right! It was $2.09 yesterday and this morning as MIL and I drove back home from Northern VA (where the LOWEST we saw it at was $2.42 a gallon).....here was the price at our local gas pumps!

MIL and I left yesterday morning to visit my SIL. She booked a Pampered Chef party from me, so we went up to show support - and buy more stuff. LOL It was a fun time, we managed to see both nephews, SIL that was preggers, 2 BIL's and the other SIL. We left this morning at 5:30 a.m. so we could get back for 11:00 a.m. church service. MIL had something special to do during the service and we voted on Deacon's today (DH was one of the nominees), so we had to come back. I-95 was LOADED with State Troopers going up and coming back!!! If we saw one car, we saw at LEAST 30 each way - and that's no exaggeration....it may be a LOW guess.

I'm making beef stew in the crockpot and laying low this afternoon. A nap during the race will probably be in order. Tonight is the season finale of Army Wives, and I need to stay up to watch it! LOL
Suz

2 comments:

Karin said...

Hope you had a good visit with your family! I saw army here too, full uniform, out on a morning jog - wasn't quite sure what it was all about.

Sara said...

Glad you had a good visit with the family!

That's awesome about the gas prices, ours are getting there. It was $2.18 when I came into work today.