Saturday, October 25, 2008

DH has made a prediction, that on Election Day, gas will be below $2.00 a gallon here. Today, as I was headed out, the price at Zooms (where we get gas), was $2.29. Hmmm, his prediction may come true! We shall see. I meant to snap a picture with my camera on my cell phone, but forgot on the way back. Will try and get one later.

We are working around the house today. DS is in class from 10-3:30 on Saturdays for 8 weeks. He is taking a self defense class, which is with his former karate instructor. It's been at least 6 years since he took karate, and when he went into the Dojo last week, Sensei of course did not recognize him. DS said it was really funny when he told Sensei his name. LOL

I am feeling MUCH better! I've halved my blood pressure pill and take 1/2 in the a.m. and 1/2 in the p.m. My BP is down considerably and I don't have the shakes and jitters that I had with the full pill. Tuesday I go for more bloodwork. Yesterday, I had a cardiolite stress test, which was much more involved than I thought it would be. They injected me with a radioactive medicine and took pictures before and after. I pulled rank on one of my radiologist physicians, and after lunch went down and asked him to look at it. It was normal, so I'm thrilled and relieved.

We have our 72nd Anniversary at church tomorrow - so being Baptists, it's covered dish after service. LOL I'm making a pasta salad with a bunch of fresh veggies cut up and then zesty italian dressing over it. It's really yummy and good. I'm also going to make another apple crisp (Paula Deen's recipe again). It's just too good for words. LOL

Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend.
Suz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am so happy to see you are feeling better. Have a blessed day tomorrow. I love when we have cover dish dinners at church.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Karin said...

Hope that you continue to feel better. Your contribution to the covered dish sounds fantastic - I'm sure everyone will enjoy it.