Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sleepless in Virginia

It's 2:31 a.m. and yes, I'm wide awake! LOL I have been sleeping a lot today though, so it's no wonder that I'm awake. More on that in a bit.

It's been a week! DS's best friend (and our 'adopted' son), Vinny's step-dad passed away suddenly early Sunday morning. It was a real shock and we've been mourning his death. Sixty-one years old and a heart attack. Very sad. The family is doing as well as can be expected, and Vinny is taking care of his mom. He's a wonderful kid - well, young man.

I spent part of the day in the ER at work. I just did not feel OK and went to the Occ Health nurse to get my blood pressure checked. It was really HIGH (170/96 in her office), so off we went to the Emergency Room. They gave me some good drugs and an EKG and CT scan for my head, and I'm doing better. We WILL be calling for a dr appt tomorrow (well, today I guess) to follow-up with her.

DS brought me home though, and I went straight to bed - still woozy from the meds. Slept for awhile, DH had dinner ready, ate and went back to bed. Woke up at 12:30 a.m. wide awake! Hence I'm blogging while everyone is sleeping.

On a stitching note, I'm *this close* to being finished with another block on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. I hope to have an update picture soon.
Suz

4 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I certainly hope that they figure out your BP problem...heavens that was HIGH!

staci said...

My condolences to your son's friend. How very sad.

And goodness, I hope you are feeling better and the Dr's figure out what's going on!!! Take care. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

How scary! I hope you get your BP issues taken care of.

I'm sorry about the loss of your son's friend's stepfather. How sad.

I'm so envious that you are close to being finished with another block of Shores. As you know, mine is feeling sadly neglected. :(

Karin said...

I hope you feel better soon.