Monday, October 06, 2008

DH and I drove down to the beach last night - it was almost dark. Here are 2 pictures that I took of the sunset. It was so peaceful and calming riding along. Well, except for the dog running one way and the other. LOL I tried to get a picture of a cruise ship out in the Bay. It was headed towards the Bay Bridge Tunnel, so I guess it was going up north somewhere.

We had a great time with the family today. After church, BIL/SIL, little C (he's not a baby anymore), MIL and FIL came over for hamburgers and hot dogs. We grilled out and added deviled eggs, chips and baked beans. I did all that and we were eating around 2:30. After they left, I was so darn pooped. DH and I napped during the race (Tivo caught part of it before we started watching), as we watched the first part of the Redskins game. It was a great day in our house for sports. DH's beloved Redskins won, and his driver Tony Stewart, won the Talladega race (amid protest and drama - I'm not getting into it). My driver went out earlier. Sad.

I woke up this morning drenched in sweat and with a migraine raging. Took some meds and went back to bed (after sending my boss an e-mail saying I was going to be out). Luckily, I have almost 300 hours of sick time, and 220+ hours of vacation time. The dog woke me up at 10:00 and I still have an achy head, but at least it's waning. YAY

Suz

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What gorgeous pics Suzanne! My DH is a VA transplant, and loves the Redskins too. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the migraine, Suz. I'm glad you have enough sick time (!!) so that you could just relax (somewhat).

No Shores tonight for me - I'm packing up, getting ready for the move. Once I'm in my own place, I promise there will be no more excuses (at least until the next time I need one! LOL)

BTW - read your comment on Jenny's blog tonight. I commented also. :(

Karin said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Suz said...

Great pictures!

Sorry to hear about your migraine. they are never any fun.