Thursday, March 06, 2008

Yes, I know I've been very neglectful of my blog lately. Work is really busy at the moment, and will be for the next 2 weeks or so....then we will have some downtime again for a few weeks.
We've been busy at home too, and I promise some pictures in the near future. I've also been working out 3 days a week, so by the time I get home, dinner ready and some time with the family, it's time to go to bed and then get up and start all over again!

We had some gorgeous weather on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday was in the 70's and DH and I snuck off to the beach for a ride. It was windy, and we had storms later on that night, but we enjoyed the time on the beach. There wasn't anyone else out there and we let Nina off and she ran the entire length of the beach - which is about a mile. She had a grand time! While I was at work yesterday, DS called me. He was on the beach, catching some rays.

On the subject of DS. He is on Spring Break this week. He and V came and had lunch with me today at work. I mentioned to them that DH was needing to cut down the pampas grass and clear out the drainage ditch that runs beside the house....it's tidal, so that when we get high tide, the water fills up the ditch around the neighborhood, rather than just coming up into the yard immediately. Anyway, I stopped and worked out today, came home...and the boys had borrowed a chain saw, cut down the pampas grass, weedwhacked the ditch, and hauled all of it out for pickup. Trash was today though, so it's going to sit a week out front. Won't the neighbors love us. LOL DH's jaw just about dropped to the ground when he drove up. I was shocked they had done all that they had! There's still a little raking that needs to be done, but the boys were just too pooped - that is hard work. So they will get to that tomorrow! Now the pampas grass will be all nice and healthy this summer and the ditch always gets the reeds growing up in it - which helps with soaking up any water that gets in there too.
Suz

0 comments: