Sunday, March 09, 2008

My friend Jane (jrhboxers) and I hit up AC Moore yesterday, and a cross stitch shop in Va Beach (Dyeing To Stitch). Here's what I bought. The finger puppets are for the pre-schoolers next week during church. It will be my day to keep them, and I thought these would make a good craft for them. I bought those and the DMC at AC Moore.

The rest of the goodies are to finish up a few projects that I have had in the works for awhile. I did get a new chart - Mildred's Garden House by Blackbeard Designs. My grandma that raised me, her name was Mildred - and she just LOVED her garden. As soon as I saw that, I knew I needed to stitch it!!

It was so nice to be able to fondle in person instead of virtually! LOL The owners of Dyeing To Stitch also own R& R Reproduction fabric. One of the owners was there, and she turned me on to a piece of fabric for Shores of HRH. Since I haven't received anything as yet, I'm calling tomorrow to see if I'm still on backorder or not. If I am, then I'm going to see if I can cancel the fabric and still order the chart and silks online (since it's discounted a bit) and then will order the R&R fabric. I do like it better - definitely more nautical.

Dyeing To Stitch also has Thursday night stitch groups, PLUS, in April they are having a Spring Stitch in the Night. Jane and I signed up and paid for our spots right then and there. It was nice being inside a shop, and having friendly people greet and welcome you and chat with you the whole time.

On another note, DS has a JOB interview tomorrow! WOO Any good thoughts sent his way would be appreciated!!!! It's PT at a grocery store, which would be perfect for him. He needs to be getting out of the house - especially this semester, when he's taking all online classes! He doesn't even have to darken the campus!!! But, it's going really well, and he has A's and B's in all classes!
Suz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending positive interview ~~~vibes~~~ your DS's way! Good luck.

It looks like you had a nice trip with Jane!

Karin said...

Sounds like you had a great trip - I'll send some good vibes your way for DS.