Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I've been in a real stitching slump lately. None of my projects have been calling out to me saying "stitch on me, stitch on me"......I think I may have found just THE thing, to get me out of my stitching slump:
It's called "The Shores of Hawk's Run Hallow" (3rd in a series), and it's by Carriage House Samplings. Since we live "by the shore", I of course love just about anything beach/water/nautical related.

Work has been crazy - we are close to another deadline, and I'm really FAAARRRRR behind. I've been putting in an extra hour during the day, trying to get a bit more caught up.
I did weigh in on Monday, and I was down another 2 lbs, for a total of 5.8 for the 2 weeks. I was pretty excited about that!! I'm trying to be really good this week too and stay on points, since Sunday is the Super Bowl. DH wants me to fix chicken wings - and I found a yummy recipe on Pioneer Woman Cooks for Olive Cheese Bread. I'm thinking Chicken wings with blue cheese dressing (no ranch for my guys); olive cheese bread; and assorted veggies. So, yeah.......I REALLY need to be good this week, to eat that on Sunday before my WI on Monday! LOL
I've also managed to work out 3 x in the past 2 weeks, and today will be my second work out for this week. My friend Barb and I have re-connected and are work out buddies. We met at our previous church, and she and her son lived right around the corner from us. Her DS and mine were good buddies, they even took karate classes together - Barb and I car-pooled. We moved, then Barb got married and moved, and we all left the church. We landed at the same church again, and have been in the same Sunday School class. Both of us were discussing our work-outs (or lack thereof) and decided to become work out buds! LOL Since my MIL isn't working out anymore, I was needing a good kick.
Did ya'll notice, I managed to put 3 LINKS in this post!!!!! A first for me!! LOL

4 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, that bread looks delish! Fortunately for me WI is first thing Sunday morning and then I'm going to eat myself silly! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love this piece too, Suz, and it will work perfectly with the "Coastal Cottage" theme that I'm planning to have when I buy my house. My coast won't be the ocean, but a lake, but I don't care!

Stitch Wizard said...

I with you on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow!! It is a must have for me as well!! It is just so beautiful and I dont' have the other Hawk Run Hollow ones, but this one is calling to me. You have great taste! Your bread sounds delicious!! Debby :)

Sara said...

I love the sampler you've chosen! Hope it helps bring you back into stitching:)

Good for you on working out again and losing! I started Curves this week so I will be working extra hard on Monday morning too!