Thursday, November 23, 2006

Over the River and Through the Wood....

Over the river and thru the wood,
To grandfather's house we go;
The horse knows the way
To carry the sleigh,
Thru the white and drifted snow, oh!
Over the river and thru the wood,
Oh, how the wind does blow!
It stings the toes,
And bites the nose,
As over the ground we go.

Over the river and thru the wood,
To have a first-rate play;
Oh, hear the bell ring,"Ting-a-ling-ling!"
Hurrah for Thanksgiving Day-ay!
Over the river and thru the wood,
Trot fast my dapple gray!
Spring over the ground,
Like a hunting hound!
For this is Thanksgiving Day.

Well, that describes us today...kinda! Except it will be on the interstate, then thru the woods and it won't be a horse, but a Nissan Murano! There's no snow either, darn it!! LOL DS actually asked yesterday, "are we still going to Grandfather's"....I'm thinking, who the heck is GRANDFATHER? We call him Pa-paw! LMAO He's never heard me say that!

As a follow-up to yesterday, yes DS DID make it home, although his Jeep did stall out (right where I thought) and as he was sitting there, the current was strong enough to move it a bit. He called me, and I could hear the bit of panic in his voice. DH started out walking up to see if he could help him - luckily DS got the Jeep started again and managed to get it home. I hugged him, then turned him around and swatted him on his but*, and told him DON'T EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! LOL He admitted to his Dad that he definitely got scared. He went out last night to the movies, and took the keys to Grandma's house, in case the water was high again (it wasn't); but he said he wasn't EVER doing that again.....Hmmmm, lesson learned the hard way?

Since I'm not cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year, I have felt like I'm without a purpose. DH even commented I seem more jittery than normal. I told him it's because I'm not cooking, and I feel like I have nothing to do! LOL Usually by this time on Thanksgiving morning, I'm up with the turkey in the over and half my dinner is prepped, ready to throw in the oven or on the stove. It's a WEIRD feeling!

I miss my in-laws. They are down in the Caribbean somewhere! Usually, by now, Mom and I have talked 14 times and discussed everything from recipes to what sales she's hitting up on Friday...~sigh~ A cruise is nice, but during Thanksgiving, what WERE they thinking?? LOL
Guess I should round up the guys.....maybe the smell of sausage or bacon frying will get them moving out of bed?

Ya'll have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving day, I'll check in with ya tomorrow!

Suz

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suz, don't think I've been here for a bit and I'm embarrased to say, but I know the first two lines or so of that poem but nothing else of it!!! LOL Thanks for telling me the rest of it!! Enjoy. D