Thursday, January 27, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Questions

Do you frame your cross stitch yourself or do you take it to a professional framer? Why?
All of my previous works have been framed by me, mainly because I don't have the $$ to get things professionally framed. I did take a framing class at CATS, and it was really beneficial to me. My first professional framed piece will probably be one of the Chatelaine's I'm working on.

In your opinion, what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of putting your work behind glass when you frame it?
Personally, I like using glass to frame, as it keeps dust, dog hair, etc., off of the piece. I can't imagine taking a piece out to clean it, and having to frame it again....so I will use glass. It's to each his own so to speak, and this is my opinion only.


0 comments: