Monday, September 05, 2011

What is everyone doing this fine Labor Day? I'm doing laundry, and still trying to get my house back in order. Samantha and I have a date for pedicures at 2:00, and I still need to shower.

We survived the hurricane......we evacuated to the in-laws, and lost power there early on. Go figure. According to all the Facebook posts I was reading on my iPhone, our little corner of the world kept power the ENTIRE time. DS was NOT amused, he was ready to go home within one minute of the power going out at Grandma's. LOL

We did flood, which is normal - had about 9 inches of water in the garage and yard. Debris of course from the neighborhood (if you know it's going to flood, WHY don't you pick up the crap in your yard first)??

It's been a nice weekend. My family reunion was canceled, so we had laid low. It's back to work tomorrow, and then I'm off Friday, so it's a 3 day work week for me!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I am so glad to hear that you are safe and sound! Isn't it funny that your neighborhood did not lose power but the neighborhood you evacuated to did?? Go figure!

I hope TS Lee does not leave you with any more water damage. We are bracing for about 6" or more of rain here in the Shenandoah.

Hope you are able to get some stitching in this weekend!

Bee Jay said...

Always good to be home isn't it, but for you especially after such a weather event. Glad all is well! Blessings!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm glad that you survived the hurricane, but I'm sorry about the flooding, and boo to the neighbors for not taking care of the stuff in their yard!

Isn't it typical that you evacuated but didn't end up losing power at your own place - still, I'd rather not have to worry about the flooding happening while I was in the house.

I hope you enjoyed your pedicure appointment - I definitely need one myself!