Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!!! and an update of sorts..........

I'm trying to dust off the old blog and get motivated again - but, well, you know how that goes! LOL

It's been a wild couple of months. November was pretty busy for me work wise. I had several Tastefully Simple parties - and hit my highest month sales. I also had a $1,000 party for sales, which was AWESOME.

The Monday after Thanksgiving, DH fell down the garage steps and broke his wrist. He was lucky he wasn't killed or paralyzed. It was bad enough that he had to have surgery and has just this last week been working a bit from home. He goes back to work Monday but still has physical therapy appointments 3 times a week. The orthopaedic doctor has already told him his wrist will not ever be 100% and not to expect it.

I'm not sure what happened to the month of December - it just sort of came and went fast. I think we were dealing with the above and Christmas was here before we knew it. I ended up putting up a small tree, and hanging 2 wreaths outside on the windows. That's about all the decorating I did. Luckily, we had already decided to only buy for the nephews, and DS and his GF and DS's friend V, we gave money to. It worked out well, and was a lot less stressful! We had the in-laws over for Christmas dinner and it was SO nice just being together.

DH and I celebrated our 26th anniversary on New Year's Eve. We splurged with funds from my Dad, and went to The Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant and was just FABULOUS! A cheese fondue course with apples, vegetables and bread, then salads, a meat course and then dessert. Four of us went, so we were able to try 2 different styles of each course. It was just a WONDERFUL night! DH was not looking forward to it - he has been on a diet since August and has lost 74 pounds. But he ended up enjoying himself and just did a double workout on Friday!! He wants to hit the 75 pound mark tomorrow (weigh in day). The fact that he lost weight during Christmas week just tells of his commitment. I am SO very proud of him.

Notice I don't have a stitching update. Well, I haven't stitched in months - I take that back - I DID stitch some during the Tournament of Roses parade yesterday. But before that, nothing. Shhhh, don't tell DH, but I did order Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow (and it arrived today). I haven't opened the package as yet - but I am looking forward to fondling - and hope it helps my mojo to come back!!! LOL

I need to run clean up the kitchen and make some brownies. The youth from church are coming over tomorrow evening and they want snacks!!!
Suz

0 comments: