Sunday, March 29, 2009


Well, the rain did go away, and we had a gorgeous day today. This is sunset down by the beach tonight. We pulled out the cart and drove down to hopefully get in a nice sunset. I've seen prettier, but it still was nice to get my feet in the sand and walk with the dog.

This has been a busy weekend for us. We've spent it decluttering. We started in the laundry room, since we had an issue with the dryer vent needing cleaned out. So, everything came out, a lot was tossed and things put back in nice order. Then I started with my kitchen cabinets. The bottom ones with all the pots, pans, mixing bowls, etc. I don't have a lot of cabinet space, and since I've been to all these Pampered Chef parties lately, well, I needed some space. I have a pile ready to toss - old pots and pans that had definitely seen better days, lids that I don't have the bottoms to anymore, plasticware, etc.

Today I worked on the hall closet and managed to get a bin full of stuff to have the DAV pick up on Friday. I haven't touched the computer room, or the top kitchen cabinets. After I get those 2 areas done, I will feel like I've accomplished something. Then, it's to the bedrooms upstairs!!

My goal is to have all this done by Easter Sunday. DH's family is coming for dinner. I'm hosting my blast off party for Tastefully Simple on April 25 and then the youth group from church will be over on the 26th for dinner, games and fun. April is going to be a BUSY month, and it's not even here yet!!! LOL

We had a wonderful day today at church. Our service started with the praise song "Come, Now is the time to worship", it starts out:

Come, now is the time to worship,
Come, now is the time to give your heart,
Come, just as you are to worship,
Come, just as you are before your God,
Come

No matter who you are, what you are, or how you are....JUST as you are, you will be accepted by him.

We then had communion (we have this quarterly), and DH was part of the service and was one of the servers. This is his first time since becoming an active Deacon again. I was very humbled and proud to see him serving again. Yesterday morning we went out to church and went thru the preparation of the Lord's Table, finding out where the supplies are kept and how exactly it's set up.

So, it's been a busy weekend, and tomorrow is a work day!!!!! I've had no "me" time, but that's OK - I needed a weekend to get things accomplished around the house, and it's been a GOOD weekend. Sometimes I wish I had the luxury of being a stay at home wife and mom, so my weekends wouldn't be as full, but then again, I know I wouldn't be happy doing that full time either.

Hope ya'll have had a great weekend and you have a wonderful week ahead of you!
Suz

0 comments: