Sunday, September 07, 2008

I finally have time for a bit of catch up. See the baby birds in the pic below? The mom decided one of my hanging baskets would be a wonderful place for nest. I have 3 baskets hanging under the corner of our deck. She had her babies in the basket closest to the steps (not sure why on that one) LOL So I managed to get a good peek at them every time I went up and down the steps. I finally caught mom away from the nest a few weeks ago and snapped the picture. A few days later, they were all gone from my basket. ~sniff~


Here are my new scissors! I saw them on a blog a few weeks ago, and it became my mission to FIND them! I even had DH looking, DS translating French, and my friend Jane hunting too. DH found a place online for me to order them (a french shop), but when I went to order them I rec'd an error.....FINALLY found them on Ebay - and Jane found me the same seller too, so I knew it had to be fate! LOL I just ordered these on Monday morning (Labor Day here in the US) and they arrived yesterday (Saturday). WOW

Since the races in Richmond were rained out by Hanna, they will be run today. Once DH gets home from church, we will be putting the deck furniture back (moved it inside for the storm), cooking some wings, and I'll be sitting my behind on the couch with my stitching (Shores of Hawk Run Hollow, since I've been neglecting it lately) and watching the race.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Suz

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those birds are beautiful. I've been spending a lot of time at my MIL's place recently, and she had a family of baby wrens. I could hear them, but didn't get to see them :(

Nice scissors!

staci said...

Those scissors are gorgeous, I've drooled over them on many blogs! Can you tell me the ebay seller you bought them from?

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Love those birds! How sweet :o)

Sorry again I sent you the wrong email - I get you and another Suzann confused sometimes but she doesn't have the E. LOL

I guess the political energy got to me and I hit send quickly. LOL

Tanya :o)

saras said...

I'd love to know the seller too!:)

Rebekka said...

Hi. Just found your blog, and saw these gorgeous scissors. It is now also MY mission to own one of these beauties. I've done a preliminary search on ebay, but haven't been able to track them down yet. Could you point me in the right direction, please?

You have a good eye for photography. The photos on your blog are really good. I cross stitch as well, and plan to pop in to your blog every once in awhile for inspiration. :)

Regards,
Rebekka

Rebekka said...

Oops, I guess it would help if I gave you my email addy for the scissor info....
rashulett@cableone.net

Thank you! :)