Sunday, January 13, 2008

Rainy Sundays are a good day for napping - especially in the afternoons during football games! LOL DH and I went to church and once we made it home and thru lunch, I was so tired. So I napped for about 2 hours - it was glorious.

I'm reseaching a new stove. Has anyone had to buy one lately or do you have any recommendations? I REALLY want one with a double oven! DS mentioned Friday when I came home that the oven wasn't working. He had tried to heat up chicken nuggets and it just never came on. We've had that problem before and DH fixed it by purchasing a new heating element. The stove is original to the house (1988) so really, it's TIME for a new one. Yesterday I rec'd a card from Home Depot that gives us no interest for a year if we purchase from Jan 17-21. So, we will wait until then. We currently have a card with them that is totally empty, and we use it for purchases such as these and have always used the no interest for a year. While we are at it, I'd like to get the microwave to match over the stove, and that would free up some much needed counter space. We shall see. DH asked if I wanted stainless steel, I'm like SURE, then we will need to buy a new fridge and dishwasher to match, but OK! LOL No, we will get WHITE to match the rest of the kitchen!!

I really need to settle down and get some stitching done. I have a quilt square that needs finished, and many other projects. I've been in a serious stitching slump lately.

Nina had her stitches taken out yesterday and rec'd a clean bill of health! We will definitely be keeping a close eye on her to see if future tumors develop, but for now, she's doing really good.

Suz

2 comments:

Karin said...

Congrats on your relaxing Sunday! Good luck with the stove search.

Anonymous said...

No suggestions on the stove, but have fun looking!

Congratulations on the clean bill of health for Nina!