Sunday, July 01, 2007





It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since she died. Today would have been her 46th birthday. I'll admit, I was a Diana watcher. I loved everything Diana. As a 17 year old, I watched her wedding, with all the fairy tale romance taking place in my mind, how if it could happen to her it could happen to anyone. I rejoiced in the birth of her children, sadness of the divorce and shed tears of sorrow when she died.

I remember DH and I had come home and I called my Dad - asked him what he was doing. He said he was watching the news, Diana had been in an accident. After watching the TV for awhile, I went to bed, and woke up early the next morning. The first thing was to turn on the TV and I heard she had died. It was just sad...the fairy tale had come to a tragic end.

She would be proud of her boys today - and I agree with them, I think she would be amazed that they had put together a concert in honor of her. Sir Elton John was requested by William and Harry to sing his remake of "Candle in the Wind" that he re-wrote at Diana's death. I know I will cry when I hear that again.

In remembrance - Happy Birthday Diana.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I mark her death by my birthday and my daughter's age, as I was pregnant with my oldest when she died. It was a fairytale, I was like 13 when she got married and I remember getting up in the middle of the night to watch the ceremony. Such a beautiful rose that wilted too soon.

Karin said...

It's so sad - she would be very proud of her boys today.