Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve!

Away in a manger,
No crib for His bed
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down His sweet head
The stars in the bright sky
Looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus
Asleep on the hay

The cattle are lowing
The poor Baby wakes
But little Lord Jesus
No crying He makes
I love Thee, Lord Jesus
Look down from the sky
And stay by my side,
'Til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray
Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care
And take us to heaven
To live with Thee there

That has to be one of my most favorite Christmas carols. What's yours?

I guess we are ready for the big day! Yesterday was spent getting last minute items from the grocery store (I found FRESH broccoli, yeah)! cleaning carpets and wrapping the last of the presents.

Today will be church and then my BIL/SIL came down last night from N. VA, so we will get together with them this afternoon and exchange presents probably. Tonight is a candlelight Christmas Eve service that I hope to go to. DS will be attending with K at her church - I pulled out his suit to make sure it was ready to wear and she said no, just jeans and a nice shirt will be fine. Guess he wears the suit this morning
Suz

0 comments: