Thursday, February 03, 2005

A new Stitcher's Blogger Question!

On a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest, how comfortable do you feel changing a design's colors or the entire color scheme? Elaborate if you wish.

Hmmm, a good, thought provoking question....as I've never changed the entire color scheme of a design. I have changed some colors, if I didn't have the exact color but close to it, I'd just use that one.

With MVIII, I am not using the recommended silks, I just don't have the $$....but I did pull the DMC conversions, and I did get Vikki Clayton silks, but she did the conversion. I also had someone e-mail me and let me know that she had done a conversion also, and she gave me her colors, so now I have that to use too, so I'm going to see what looks good when my fabric gets here (no I won't start on that rant again).

I guess if I had or really wanted to, I could convert the colors. I feel comfortable, so maybe a 3-4 on a scale of 1-5. Most of the time I like sticking with what the designer suggests, but I can see where conversions are necessary.


0 comments: