Saturday, September 24, 2011

I have a confession to make....but I'll get to that in a bit.

I wanted to show you this painted buoy that one of the gals in the neighborhood painted. When DH and I would fly kites on the beach, our sweet girl Nina used to run and chase after them. I had taken numerous pictures of her doing this, and I gave one to our artist neighbor to see if she could paint me a buoy with Nina on it.

One of the 0riginal picture's I sent:


The artist rendition:

(crappy light I know). I actually had this done before Nina passed away, but it just means so much more to me now. Even though we have Lexi, I still miss my old girl.

Now for the confession - I haven't stitched in months...MONTHS I tell ya! Just have NOT been "in the mood" or "the mood hasn't hit me", as my grandma used to say. This has really been a rough year - With my father-in-law's health at the end of last year, and then Nina's cancer, surgery and passing. Then with my job change and Nate moving out this year. I have been in a bit of a funk (and yes, I had a breakdown in the doctor's office when she asked "how are you doing"- and I now have a wonderful little happy pill to keep me sane).

I think the cooler weather, the return of something to watch on TV in the evenings, and my "happy pill" have given me the urge to pick up my stitching again. I have been working on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow FOREVER it seems (my stitching buddy, Susan, has long left me in the dust and completed her Shores already).

I have pulled it out from the depths of my stitching bag, set up the Ott light, and am getting ready to put it back on my q-snaps. Before doing so, I snapped a few pictures. Here is the block I'm working on:


and where the entire project is:


Let's see how far I get this winter on it!

3 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Hi, Suz!

Even though I have finished Shores, I will be here to cheer for you in the background as you work on it!

I'm sorry that you've been in a funk. {{{hugs}}} - you definitely have had a lot on your plate, and yay for happy pills - I don't know where I would be without me.

That buoy is gorgeous!!!! What a wonderful daily reminder of Nina.

Anonymous said...

You go, Suzanne! I love the block you're working on.

Bee Jay said...

Your "Shores" is coming on just fine - it'll still be there for you to work on when the mood hits. What a talented person your artist friend is - love the painting of your beloved Nina! Blessings!