Sunday, October 07, 2007

What happened to autumn? It's almost 90 degrees here today and it's SO HUMID. I've been outside several times and it's so humid, I feel like I need a shower everytime I come back inside!
We found out Friday evening that the workers are coming tomorrow morning to replace our deck outside. So we've been clearing the furniture off the deck and storing it. We've also had to deal with my car - for the first time since we've had it, it wouldn't start yesterday afternoon! DS went to take it to Busch Gardens, and nope, it was just dead. We've since replaced the battery and it seems to be ok. Vinny works at Advance Auto and he ran a diagnostic check on it, everything else seems ok.

We leave for vacation next Saturday and I haven't had time to get the first thing packed or bought. I need to buy sheets for the beds - they are all queen size. I need at least 4 sets of those - hope I can find some cheap! LOL I haven't even thought about food, drinks etc. I may run to BJ's one day after work and load up there, then wait and buy stuff when we get to the Outer Banks. That way we don't have to worry about transporting meat and perishables. It's gonna be a BUSY week.....

The weekend was so busy, I didn't get any stitching time in. I am really looking forward to relaxing while on vacation and getting some much needed down time. Oh, I did start a crochet project that I talked about in an earlier post. It's a scarf and I just love the colors. They are dark though and I didn't realize how difficult it would be to see where I needed to put the needle in for the next stitch. So, I've had to frog and redo a few rows.....although since it's a scarf, it's not really a lot to pull out.

Our new pastor started today. He did really well and we even had 2 people join the church. Plus he and his wife of course joined.

Suz

1 comments:

Reese Dixon said...

It's been freezing and overcast here for the past week, but I love it. Fall is my very favorite time of year and it is way too short.

Hope you have a great time on your vacation!