Saturday, November 11, 2006


Guess who is coming to town? YEP, HER!! and guess who has 3rd row seats? YEP, ME!!! Now I just have to wait until February!!

I heard on the radio driving to work yesterday that Paula was coming to the Convention Center in February and tickets go on sale today. However, the radio station had a link on their website where you could go and buy tickets yesterday, but you needed a passcode. OK, no problem. I get to work and go the internet, work has the radio station website blocked! I call DH and wake him from a sound sleep, saying, "get up, get up....go to www...... and find me that passcode"... So, he did and I managed to snag 3rd row aisle seats! I would love for DH to go with me (ya'll know how much she likes men in her audience), but I think MIL will end up with the other ticket (Merry Christmas to me and her)!

In other news....work is really weird right now. I have a co-worker that would really rather be a hermit. She doesn't want to talk to anyone. If her phone rings, she quick presses SEND so it goes to VM. She avoids dealing with people, except by fax or e-mail. Very bizarre - I've never met a person who is so unsociable. She has declined participating in department lunches or any social functions. She sits on her side of the office and can go all day without saying a word. I usually do get a Good Morning, but that's about it. Thank goodness for the radio. We worked with her for about 2 mos before she was transferred to us permanently, and she was different then. We are trying to figure out if she's bi-polar, depressed or what. In our line of work, talking to people is a necessity, and sometimes we have to be a nag (in a nice way), so I'm not sure she's gonna cut it. My boss is aware of what is going on (she's even noticed the change too).

We have BIL/SIL coming down this weekend. They had an ultrasound this week and SIL is due June 26. DH's birthday is June 23, so he's hoping to become an Uncle on his birthday! LOL I guess they won't be coming down for DS's graduation on June 15, but that's OK! I think everyone is coming over tonight for dinner. Menu may be steak and shrimp, salad, baked potato or corn on the cob, depending on what the store has. I love being able to go and buy a few pounds of shrimp, and they steam it and add the old bay seasoning to it. Makes the car ride home especially difficult...I drool all the way home smelling the shrimp!

Well, it's 5:30 am and I've been awake for about an hour and a half...so I think I'll go back to bed now! LOL
~S~

1 comments:

SunnySusan said...

Wow~~they cook it for you.....it all wouldn't make it home it MY car...LOL